The CAA is able to offer a complete payroll service to clients that
includes payroll processing of:
• leave applications;
• higher duties;
• overtime, penalties and allowances;
• increments and claims for prior service;
• staff appointments and staff separations.
We also provide
establishment management services, customised reporting, preparation of
VER / redundancy calculations and payments, administration of WorkCover
claims and the co-ordination of ill-health retirements.
A key feature of our
payroll service is that we will provide your agency with a dedicated
account manager to focus on delivering your service needs and inquiries.
Our flexible human
resource information system allows for the electronic lodgement of
leave forms and email distribution of pay advice slips and PAYG Payment
Summaries. It also enables individuals to electronically view their
leave histories and balances. These and other modules ensure that
information is available to clients as and when required – a driving
philosophy within the CAA!
Back to Top
The CAA can assist clients in selecting the right staff for their
agency by providing responsive recruitment administration services that
• arranging press and on-line advertising;
• collation and distribution of applications;
• preparing appointment documents; and
• providing administrative support for transfers and secondments.
We are also able to answer employment inquiries on behalf of your
agency; respond to unsolicited job applications; deliver exit
interviews and provide traineeship, work experience and volunteer
Back to Top
The CAA provides clients with expert advice and consultancy services
• Investigation of and advice in relation to matters such as diminished
performance, absenteeism, unacceptable workplace conduct; harassment
and other grievances.
• Conflict resolution and mediation.
• Assistance with formal disciplinary processes, including
representation at the various appeals tribunals applicable to the
Queensland public sector.
• Representation in the Industrial Relations Commission in relation to
industrial disputes and enterprise bargaining.
• Advice in relation to interpretation and implementation of
legislation and Awards.
• Development of Codes of Conduct and delivery of ethics education
For some matters it
may be desirable that advice and services are seen to be independent of
the organisation. Alternatively, internal expertise may not be
available within required timeframes. CAA Workforce Relations
Consultants are highly skilled and experienced and may be able to
assist your agency with the provision of independent advice and
Back to Top
The CAA provides
clients with the following workforce strategy products and services -
• Employment equity: Advice and assistance in developing, implementing
and evaluating EEO management plans and strategies.
• Recruitment consultancy: Assistance with the development of selection
tools and independent panel membership, both for competitive merit
processes and assessment of the suitability of deployees.
• Workforce development: Design and delivery of training programs and
design and, conduct of training needs analyses; brokerage services
including the development of formal training provider specifications
and briefs; and design and implementation of training evaluation
methodologies. Our signature training programs include: Customer Service Training; Harrassment Referral Officer Training;
Managing in a Public Sector Environment
(MIPSE) Program; Reasonable Management Action (RMA) training;
Selection Panel Training.
• Work environment: Assistance with the case-management of complex
ill-health matters; advice on and brokerage of rehabilitation and other
specialist providers; development and implementation of exit interview
processes and reporting.
• Workforce analysis and planning: strategic workforce planning; QPASS
administration and reporting; job analysis, position description
development and JEMS evaluation.
consultancy advice and services may be particularly important in
sensitive selection processes and the evaluation of classification
levels. The CAA welcomes enquiries in relation to providing assistance
on these matters.
Back to Top